HOLY CRAP – I’m a blogger!
HELLOOOOO Friends!! Thanks for joining me! I am so excited for this post, and if I’m being honest… I’m SUPER nervous too. I’ve been daydreaming about doing this for SO long and finally stopped planning and started typing! So, welcome to MY BLOG! I hope you’ll stick around, subscribe to emails, and follow me on Instagram so we can get to know one another better and keep in touch.
Clearly there are already a ton of amazing plus size bloggers/YouTubers/influencers out there, and I’m a little late to the game.
So, why am I still doing this… in 2018?? There are few reasons…
- This one will sound counter-intuitive… but… I want to talk with plus size women about THINGS THAT DO NOT INVOLVE FASHION. There’s so much conversation out there about plus size fashion… and I want to do that here too, but I really want to see more plus size LIFESTYLE BLOGGERS talking about careers, home life, relationships and family, traveling, goals and dreams, etc. We are all SO well-rounded (no pun intended, but let’s go with it) and have so much more to offer the world than just our bodies and the coverings we put on them. Don’t get me wrong, fashion is super important to me… and we obviously all need clothing that fits.. but there’s so much more to us than that. The body positive movement has given women like us space to be who we are in this world, and I’m ready to show the world that while we DO have beautiful, wonderful bodies… we are all SO much more than that. There’s a heart and soul in this body and I have dreams and ambitions just like all of you that have nothing to do with my size.
- I’m INSPIRED by the work that is already happening in the plus-size community. Women like Cece Olisa, Meaghan at Little Lime Dress, Kellie at And I Get Dressed, Lexie at AOK.NYC, Mustang Sally Two, Emily at Authentically Emmie, Chrissy Metz, Whitney Way Thore and SO many more are doing amazing things for the plus-size community and I just want to join the conversation!
- Much progress has been made in plus size fashion but there is still SO MUCH WORK TO DO… especially for those of us over a size 24. I am personally a size 26/28 or 30/32 depending on the brand and want to see more people like me wearing beautiful clothing. In order to do that, we have to be willing to put ourselves out there (even when it’s scary) and use our voices to show brands that we exist… also that we want beautiful clothes and will buy them if they’re offered to us.
- I WANT TO CONNECT WITH YOU! Over the years, I’ve met so many wonderful women through the plus-size community and my life is better for it. I want to create a space where women can come together and talk about things that are important to us and connect with one another.
- I want to help people in any way I can. I love helping my friends and family and have always been a go-to for advice on everything from relationships to career to clothing and more. I LOVE doing research and sharing my findings with those I care about. I care deeply about plus size women trying to live their best lives and will do anything I can to contribute.
What You Can Expect Here
- Lifestyle – I’m REALLY excited to be a plus size person sharing about everyday life. What I’m cooking, reading, crafting and experiencing. We’ll talk about family, relationships, friendships, and the most important relationship – the one we have with ourselves.
- Exploration of all things beauty – We’ll discuss all things beauty including skincare, makeup, treatments, etc.
- Style and Fashion Posts – We will explore brands and style trends through reviews, hauls, try-ons/fit reviews, round-ups, etc. We’ll also talk about building a wardrobe you love, shopping fashion on a budget, finding your signature style and more.
- Travel – Traveling as a fat person is both an art and science. I’ll share my travels here along with all my best tips for making your own travel experiences as stress-free as possible.
- Boss Lady Stuff – I’m a full-time career woman with a big-girl job and big-girl responsibilities. I’m passionate about all things boss lady including navigating a career, side hustles/making money, budgeting/personal finance, saving money and frugal living.
I hope to add some value to my readers’ lives. You’re ALWAYS welcome to contact me with topics you’d like me to address on the blog, questions/advice, etc. I am dying to hear from you.
Connect with me:
You can learn more about me here.